August 2020 Selling Guide
August marks the end of summer and is often a time for retailers and e-tailers to wrap up their summer campaigns in exchange for fall ones. However, without any major holidays or breaks, many business owners struggle to find an angle for August campaigns. If you fall into this group, we’ve got answers. Here are some fresh ideas to keep the summer profits rolling.
August Niche Events
Family Fun Month
Kids only have a few weeks left before they need to hit the books for the year. In between back-to-school shopping and trying to finish up summer reading, these last few weeks of summer are all about family time. That can range from doing outdoor activities to hosting small gatherings to road trips.
Calls To Action for Family Month
- Shop our end of summer sale for the whole family!
- Grab these matching sets for the whole family.
- It’s cuteness overload. Shop matching sets for the whole family.
Friendship Day (August 2)
Friendship Day started as a marketing strategy for Hallmark Cards in the 1930s. The not-so-subtle commercialization of friendship led to the holiday losing much of its lust. However, it would quickly regain its footing when Congress pronounced the first Sunday of August as National Friendship Day in 1935. In 2011, the UN designated July 30 as International Friendship Day.
Today, we celebrate National Friendship Day on the first Sunday of August. Friends may acknowledge each other with gifts and cards.
Calls To Action for Friendship Day
- Send your favorite people our favorite gifts. Show now.
- Shop our best gifts for your best friends.
- Send your friends something special this Friendship Day!
Senior Citizen Day (August 21)
While a number of businesses offer year-round discounts to senior citizens, they deserve to be celebrated with their own special day. Our senior citizens are pioneers of science, medicine, space, civil rights and so much more. Senior Citizen Day is an acknowledgment of their contributions. Use this opportunity to help loved ones gift and support the senior citizens in their lives.
Calls To Action for Senior Citizen’s Day
- There’s nothing old about this sale. Shop gifts for Senior Citizen Day.
- Celebrate the favorite people in your life. Shop our Senior Citizen Day specials.
- This sale is for awesome grandmas and grandpas only. Shop now.
Increase conversions with niche designs this August!
Source: TeeChip’s Blog