Print-on-Demand Christmas Trends for 2021
Christmas is just around the corner, and one of the year’s biggest-selling opportunities is coming with it. There are three months left, and most people start with their Christmas decorations right after Thanksgiving, which falls on Thursday, November 25th this year. Some are even starting to decorate after Halloween! That is why we recommend you start planning your business by early October.
This article will let you know the best Christmas 2021 trends and marketing tips to launch your sales!
Who is doing all the Christmas shopping?
When working on your designs and creating your ad campaigns, think about who’s your customer to improve your sales opportunities. Consider some of the following audiences:
- Families: It’s not only parents who are gift-givers; the whole family’s in on it, too! Grandparents, aunts, uncles, children… make the most out of the family niche!
- Home decorators: People love to decorate their homes and workspaces, sometimes right after Halloween. Sell products and create campaigns for home decor accessories, ornaments, work from home accessories, and matching outfits.
- Couples: Who said February is the only month of love? Add some products for couples and target people who recently started a relationship had a baby, or are looking for corny Christmas designs.
- Return visitors: Did you know 70% of users who view retargeting ads are more likely to purchase than new visitors? Creating retargeting ads with your Christmas products is a must!
Trending Products and Design Ideas for this Christmas
Unsure of what products to sell this Christmas? These are our suggestions, along with some ideas for you!
Personalization is the season’s queen!
Personalization is the final touch to a great gift, so go crazy with the personalizable feature, and let your customers give their gifts a personal touch!
- Phone cases
- Classic T-shirts
Although it is not an old tradition, in recent years, Hanukkah celebrants include gifts to this festivity. Hanukkah is one month before Christmas, so don’t forget to add some ideas to your store.
- Phone cases
The Return of the Pandemic & The Ugly Face Masks
Lockdown might be over, but the pandemic and its memes aren’t. Don’t forget to add fun ideas around the theme, including ugly face masks with hilarious mouth or lip designs.
- Color-changing mugs
- Long-sleeve tees
- Face masks
- Neck gaiters
Back to Basics
We’ll never tire of traditions. Santa Claus, snowmen, reindeers, and golden stars are a must-have, so be sure to add some classic Christmas ideas to your POD store.
- Christmas stocking
- Star Ornaments & Circle Ornaments
- Fleece Blankets
Not only do families love matching outfits, but couples and coworkers alike have fun with them. Add the following products to your POD store with matching designs:
- Classic T-shirts
- Women Briefs & Men’s Briefs
- Premium Fit Women’s Tee & Premium Fit Men’s Tee
2021 was another crazy year, and we all know it. Hilarious quotes, memes, and references to all the madness we all went through this year will be a great addition to your print-on-demand store.
- Wrapped Canvas & Hanging Canvas
How to Boost Your Christmas Sales
Update your website
Add a festive look to your custom domain! Update your banners, text, and collections so they embrace the snowy feeling. Give an extra touch with the Christmasy effects.
Read more: The best Shopify Apps for snowfall effects
Flash Sales + Discounts
Flash sales are a highly effective marketing strategy, so consider creating limited-time offers for the holidays. In addition, you can prepare holiday discounts for early shoppers.
Don’t forget to add catchy copy on your main banner, so shoppers see your discounts as soon as they arrive on your website!
Returning users are more likely to buy than new visitors, so preparing retargeting ads is one of the smartest things you can do.
Social Media Ads are your Friends
TikTok might be hot, but 37% of Gen Z get their shopping inspiration from Instagram, so don’t forget about the original social media channels.
Christmas Cut-Off Dates
The last months of the year are crazy for the e-commerce world, so make sure your customers get their orders on time.
- All you want for Christmas is here. Get your gifts now!
- Be naughty, you’re Santa anyway. Shop now!
- Eat, Drink, and get your Christmas gifts!
- ‘Tis the season to be jolly! Use our discount now!
- Jingle all the way you do your Christmas shopping!
- Save Santa a trip, shop now!