If you have a programming knowledge, it will be easy for you to add custom code to your Shopify store. But you consider yourself non-technical or don’t have a custom developer at your disposal, there are Shopify apps that insert custom code for you.
Top Shopify apps for inserting code to your Shopify store:
XO Insert Code is a great solution that gives you the ability to add code to your Shop pages, and best of all – it’s FREE! You can add anything you want including scripts, styles, custom CSS, Google Analytics, Facebook Pixel, verify header tags and more.
- Simple to insert code to your shop.
- Add Google Analytics, Google tag manager code.
- Add custom CSS code.
- Insert Facebook pixel code.
- Add verify meta tag code.
- Add code to specific pages/products/collection
- Split to different services (easier to manage)
This app allows you to put extra code into the head section of your store without any coding knowledge.
This app won’t automatically add these, you just simply need to paste your code into the app, hit save and it will apply it to your store!
You can also add things like:
- Website verifications (Google, Yahoo, Bing,… etc)
- CSS Styling
- Custom meta tags
Code Customizer is a simple and easy-to-use but very useful application for merchants. You can add scripts (Google Analytics, Facebook Pixel…), CSS styles, verify header tags and more easily in seconds. Code Customizer also allows you to add any HTML code to the pages, collections, product pages… you define. Everything becomes easier with just a few simple steps.
Code Customizer is a one-time application that costs just as much as a cup of coffee, but the benefits are huge.
- Simple to add custom code
- Add Google Analytics, Google tag manager, Facebook Pixel and many more…
- Add custom CSS code globally
- Add custom CSS for varied screen sizes (Desktop, Laptop, Mobile, Tablet…)
- Add custom JS code
- Auto-align JS code
- Add HTML everywhere (Products, Collections, Pages, Blogs, Homepage ….) by choose the special page and enter the HTML class/ID you want to append
This app makes it very easy and simple to add any code/script to the header/footer of a Shopify theme without editing the theme code. It has 2 versions: Free and Pro.
- The free version allows adding custom CSS/JS to the header.
- The Pro version extends this feature to add custom codes both in the header and footer. Another remarkable feature is, it has the option to control the code on specific pages, which may very helpful to keep the website faster. Also, it can be used for specific themes.
- Change styles without editing the theme code.
- Add required code to header or footer.
- Insert Facebook pixel code
- Insert Live chat script
- Add Google Analytics code to any theme
It is a handy tool both for tech-savvy users and those who do not know a thing about programming.
The app allows you to insert any type of script on your Shop page. This Shopify app can add script code to the “head” section, after the “body” section or before the “body” tag.
By default, the code you add will be “Active” on all the pages, but if you want, you can also select specific pages. It also allows you to “Deactivate” and “Delete” a script at any time.
- Google Analytics code
- Google Tag Manager code
- Custom CSS code
- Facebook Pixel code
- Meta tag code
- Code to particular pages/products/collection
- Split code to various services to manage them better
This application is very simple to use. You just need to turn it on and paste the code you want to your Shopify page. And that’s it. This allows editing the storefront by including some changes through coding. It is open-source software.
Even though it is a coding app, it doesn’t take too much time to learn the ropes of it. If you want to add Google Analytics to your Shopify page, do it by adding code in Scripts in the Header field. This way, you will keep track of your visitors much better.
Insert code before the body closes. head can be also modified. Both the body and the head are edited separately.
To add more codes, a new window opens showing editing options. There, you will see the pages you have added and the option to change and delete them. If you don’t want a code to operate for a specific period, disable it. Some of the apps and codes you can use with the app are Facebook Pixel, Google Tag Manager and StatCounter.
Besides that, you can also use Google Adsense with this app, you have to follow the same steps and paste the Google Adsense code in the Header field.
It also works with the body tag. The application has top-notch customer support that responds quickly in case of queries.
Likewise, Insert code Header & Footer is a great tool for personalizing your store being that you don’t need to make forced changes in the store theme.
Add Body Code allows you to insert code immediately after the opening body tag and immediately before the closing body tag without needing to modify your theme.
You can add code to the following sections:
- Collections (also ability to apply to all products within a collection)
- Blog articles
- Site wide
- Cart page