How to Create an Instagram Business Account
Instagram business profiles are a free feature that Instagram offers to brands that want their accounts to be recognized as businesses.
If you are promoting a business using Instagram you definitely want to set up an Instagram business account. Business accounts allow you to access realtime metrics on how your posts and stories are performing, as well as gives you insights into your followers and audience. In addition to better metrics, business accounts allow you to run ads on instagram, and use advanced features like Intagram checkout, quick replies, and product tagging.
How to set up an Instagram Business Account
To get an Instagram business account first you must have the Instagram app and a normal Instagram account. If you need to create an Instagram account you can do that on the Instagram website.
- Open your Instagram app and tap on Settings
- In the settings page, tap on Account
- Tap on Switch to Professional Account
- You will now be asked to select between a creator account or a business account. Pick the account that works best for you.
- Click Continue button to pass 4 screens
- You will be prompted to connect your Instagram account to a Facebook page. You can either connect your Facebook page or select “Don’t Connect to Facebook Now” if you don’t want to connect a facebook page.
- Your Instagram account is now a business account! Metrics and insights are available from this time going forward.