Marketing Ideas for Small eCommerce Businesses
It’s never easy to start an e-commerce business. However, when you eventually start one, you then realize that managing and operating a successful e-commerce business requires a smart marketing strategy to boost your online sales.
The following tips should be part of your marketing strategy if you desire to improve sales and propel your company to new heights:
- 1. Develop an E-commerce marketing strategy
- 2. Invest in a responsive web design
- 3. Add a live chat feature on your website
- 4. Make a Set of Capsules collections
- 5. Personalization in real-time
- 6. Be cautious of products that are slow to sell
- 7. Provide a free shipping service
- 8. Reduce the number of abandoned shopping carts
- 9. Encourage customers to leave feedback
- 10. Get your email marketing automated
- 11. Ensure top-notch customer service
1. Develop an E-commerce marketing strategy
The value of having an eCommerce marketing strategy cannot be overstated. Develop a document that outlines your e-commerce marketing strategy to guide operations on your eCommerce platform.
The more you prepare ahead of time, the more likely you will accomplish your objectives and achieve the kind of success your e-commerce business needs.
2. Invest in a responsive web design
A responsive website is a must-have for any small e-commerce business. But what is a responsive e-commerce website? Simply put, A responsive e-commerce website displays on mobile phones such as iPhone, Androids and also displays on handheld devices like iPad and on your tablet.
- People spend around 5 hours a day on their smartphones.
- 70% of web traffic comes from mobile phones.
- 80% of the top-ranked websites are mobile-friendly.
- 61% of users will never return to a website that is not mobile-friendly.
- 80% of smartphone users will buy from companies with mobile sites and easy navigation apps.
- 70% of the searches made on mobile phones lead to online action.
- Mobile phone data usage is predicted to grow 46% by 2022.
Your website should provide the best possible mobile experience to optimize conversions, attract and retain a wider audience, and boost your search engine optimization. Check to see if your website loads quickly; boost your mobile site’s searchability by optimizing it and making the checkout process easier.
3. Add a live chat feature on your website
One of the best marketing strategies for small e-commerce businesses is to find out what concerns and issues your customers have.
A customer is more likely to either ask a question or express a concern or even a complaint through live chat before making a purchase. Adding a live chat on your website allows you to engage with your customers, and in return, your e-commerce platform will see an increase in conversion rate and provide a positive shopping experience for your brand.
4. Make a Set of Capsules collections
One of the most innovative and engaging e-commerce marketing strategies is building a capsule collection with a like-minded business brand. You get to merge two fantastic brands and promote your products to each other’s audiences.
But what is a Capsule collection?
A capsule collection is a selection of limited-edition products that have been specially crafted. This is a very innovative and involved e-commerce marketing project, so make sure it’s a good relationship and a win-win situation.
5. Personalization in real-time
Most customers are constantly on the lookout for tailored shopping experiences. In other words, they don’t want to encounter adverts and promotions that are irrelevant to their needs and touchpoints. The more appropriate an ad or promotion is to your customers, the more likely they will purchase. You need to use personal data to create a personalized experience. Send customized marketing messages to consumers based on their browsing history, interests, and preferences.
Another marketing strategy is to target your customers and make them feel important.
6. Be cautious of products that are slow to sell
Slow-moving goods minimize cash flow and slow down the growth of a business. As a result, closeout sales are required. By offering a closeout sale, you would be able to sell out while still attracting new customers.
7. Provide a free shipping service
Suppose you don’t already have a free shipping service on your marketing strategy. It’s time to add one now. Adding a free shipping service would increase sales and boost the value of orders.
8. Reduce the number of abandoned shopping carts
Here are a few suggestions for reducing shopping cart abandonment:
- Ease the navigation and checkout process by providing a user-friendly guide.
- Send an email to customers who have abandoned their shopping carts and find out what could be their reasons.
- Display a valid SSL certificate and trust symbols to increase trust in the process.
- Make a price match pledge.
- Allow guests to check out.
9. Encourage customers to leave feedback
The internet has changed the habits of so many people, especially when making a purchase. Many people are constantly turning to the internet when they want to purchase a new smartphone, designer bags, and even clothes.
Customer feedback should be part of your marketing strategy—both positive and negative feedback matters. For instance, Positive feedback from a happy customer will you in gaining the interest of potential customers.
On the other hand, negative feedback will help you gain experience by identifying problems that need to be addressed in your business.
So, invite your customers to drop a review and share their experience interacting with your goods and services.
10. Get your email marketing automated
Being more strategic and automating the email marketing strategies for a smoother and more efficient method is well worth the effort. If a customer abandons her cart, for example, an email can persuade her to return to the site and complete the transaction.
When it comes to email marketing, automation is crucial. Pre-set triggers allow you to deliver hyper-relevant and timely messages to your subscribers in a seamless manner.
11. Ensure top-notch customer service
Your e-commerce business should not be about just selling high-quality items and producing must-have designs. Obviously, these are helpful, but you must have outstanding customer service to have a market strategy that stands out. This will determine the long-term viability of your e-commerce business.
Provide an avenue where customers will contact you through social media, Phone Email, Live Chat and customer service center.