July 2020 Selling Guide
With hot weather and school vacation in full swing, July is a fun and exciting month. It’s a popular time for beach vacations and road trips as families seek cooler spots up north.
Don’t forget to check out our July 4th Selling Guide.
Christmas in July
Christmas in July is an unofficial holiday. The earliest records show that it was first celebrated on July 24th and 25th in 1933 at a girls’ camp called Keystone Camp in Brevard, North Carolina. Today, Christmas in July celebrations are deliberately ironic, with typically high heat rather than the typical cold and snow associated with Christmas. Revelers will throw parties that mimic Christmas celebrations, complete with Santa, gifts, and plenty of cold food.
Dog Days of Summer (July 3 – August 11)
The dog days of summer categorize the hottest days of the season. They were historically the period that followed the rise of the Sirius star system, which the Greeks and Romans associated with heat, drought, fever, mad dogs, and bad luck. Today, they describe the hottest, most uncomfortable part of summer in the Northern Hemisphere.
Calls To Action for the Dogs Days of Summer
- If you can’t beat the heat, join em! Shop our latest beach towels!
- Hit the beach with all your essentials in our super cute tote!
- Dogs make the dog days of summer better. Shop our new (and super cute) collection!
On July 14, the French commemorate the storming of the Bastille of 1789 and the Fête de la Fédération of 1790. In the US, where 10.4 million US residents declare French ancestry or French Canadian descent, the event is known as Bastille Day and is a celebration of France through wine, accordion, and pétanque!
Calls To Action for Bastille Day
- Say “oui” to this shirt! Shop now.
- Our French is rusty but this shirt screams l’amour! Shop it now!
- Celebrate Bastille Day with a little spirit this year! Shop our newest additions!