Fourth of July Selling Guide
Independence Day is coming up on July 4th.
Sell to the 214 million Americans celebrating this holiday.
The 4th of July is a time for Americans families to come together, have a cookout, watch fireworks, and express their patriotic pride in red, white, and blue apparel. In 2016, 88% of Americans celebrated Independence Day and 24.5% planned on purchasing patriotic merchandise (see more here).
As you can see above, men are slightly more likely to buy patriotic merchandise than women (10% difference). In addition, adults aged 18-44 carry the bulk of the sales.
What this means: The largest group of July 4th buyers is most likely men, aged 18-44. However, make sure to monitor your ad results and edit your target audience accordingly.
Create summer promos to increase sales
July 4th is more than a holiday—it’s a celebration of summer and outdoor fun. You can follow the lead of big-name retailers like Macy’s and Old Navy by hosting some summer promotions of your own. Increase your campaign activity with Fourth of July sales that spotlight warm-weather apparel like t-shirts and tank tops.
Launch promotions from June 11-27
As you can see below, consumers search for “patriotic shirts” primarily in June, with the optimal window between June 11 and June 27th. We recommend you get a head start in early June and continue to increase your ad budget as sales pick up.
PRO TIP – Have customers order by June 19th to ensure orders arrive in time for the Fourth of July.
Call-to-action ideas for 4th of July designs
General CTAs for July 4th ads
- Wear your pride on your sleeve this Fourth of July! Get a custom patriotic shirt, just for you!
- ‘Murica! July 4th is just around the corner—buy now before it’s too late!
- Represent the America you love. Shop now for a truly American look this Independence Day.
- Show what it really means to be an American this Fourth of July. Buy now and save XX% on our Independence Day sale.
Proud American CTAs
- Stand out of the crowd this Fourth of July. Proudly printed in the USA.
- Buy the shirt that says “I’m proud of my country.”
- You gotta wear that red, white, and blue on July 4th! Buy the shirt to match your American pride.
Source: TeeChip Pro