Halloween Selling Guide
Don’t miss the $8 billion spent during Halloween.
Almost 70% of Americans celebrated Halloween last year, spending $31 per person on costumes alone (see the stats here). With October 31st quickly approaching, make sure you’re prepared to increase profits on spooky merchandise for kids and adults alike.
As seen above, many Halloween shoppers make purchases in advance. Out of those shoppers, 29% plan to shop in September and 44% will shop during the first 2 weeks of October. You should schedule your ads accordingly to sync up with buyers.
PRO TIP: Encourage customers to order by October 15th so that packages can arrive in time for Halloween on October 30th.
How to find your Halloween audience
Halloween isn’t just for kids
Millennial consumers (ages 18-34) have become the largest adult age group to participate in Halloween, spending an average of $42.39 compared with $31.03 for all adults (data via NRF). You should target both parents and young adults to take advantage of this rising trend.
You can target different segments for Halloween sales
- Mothers buying for their baby’s first Halloween
- Moms and dads buying for their children
- Young adults (18-34) buying for Halloween parties
- Millennials buying Halloween clothes to wear in October
- Grandparents buying for grandchildren
Call-to-action ideas for Halloween ads
CTAs for parents buying for kids
- Kid loves tigers/unicorns/cows/etc? Get the perfect look that they’ll love!
- The kids will look too cute in these adorable Halloween outfits. Buy now!
- Got a kid that loves Halloween? Put them in an outfit they will love!
CTAs for millennials buying for themselves
- October means it’s socially acceptable to wear spooky clothes 24/7. Buy now.
- Don’t be the one who doesn’t dress up. Shop now for amazing Halloween styles.
- Get in the spooky spirit with the perfect Halloween styles! Pick one up today!
General Halloween CTAs
- Skip the pumpkin spice latte it’s Halloween time! Shop now!
- Don’t be the one scrambling for a Halloween outfit. Buy now!
- October means that Halloween is in the air. Buy now and save xx%!
Source: Teechip’s Blog