BigCommerce vs Shopify: Which One Is Right for You?
Are you thinking about starting an online store, but you’re not sure which platform to use? We’ve written an article to introduce the top 6 SaaS eCommerce platforms. And in this in-depth blog post, we’re going to take a look at BigCommerce vs. Shopify to help you decide which platform is right for you. So, keep reading to learn more about BigCommerce vs. Shopify!
How to choose the perfect e-commerce platform for your business
With plenty of options available, choosing an e-commerce solution for your business can be a daunting task. There are so many choices out there, and each one offers different advantages and disadvantages.
While you can’t choose the best option, you can certainly limit your options by using a checklist to help you choose the best platform for your unique business needs. Here’s a simple list that you can follow during your research phase to ensure you make an informed choice:
- Built-in features – Determine which features you need before you start your e-commerce search. Is it important to support your overseas customers? Do you have a lot of photos or videos to upload? Do you need a mobile app? Do you need a shopping cart?
- Integration – Determine whether your e-commerce solution integrates with your other systems. For instance, will it integrate with your inventory management or accounting software? Do you need a CRM?
- Security – A good e-commerce platform should offer robust security features, including SSL, data encryption, and PCI compliance.
- Functionality – Will your e-commerce solution allow you to manage inventory, process credit card transactions, manage your orders, use marketing tools, and more?
BigCommerce vs Shopify
What is BigCommerce?
BigCommerce is an online e-commerce platform that helps business owners sell products online. In order to create a BigCommerce store, you will need to create an account with BigCommerce and then deploy your store onto your website using BigCommerce’s setup tools.
Here’s the pricing for the 4 BigCommerce monthly plans:
- BigCommerce Standard: $29.95 per month
- BigCommerce Plus: $79.95 per month
- BigCommerce Pro: $299.95 per month
- BigCommerce Enterprise: pricing varies, depending on business needs
What is Shopify?
Shopify is an e-commerce platform that allows anyone to build an online store.
Shopify allows you to choose from a range of professionally designed themes to give your store a unique look. It also allows you to design your own website without hiring a developer.
The best part about Shopify? You don’t need any technical knowledge to build an online store. Just choose your favorite theme, add your products, and start selling online in minutes.
Here’s the pricing for the 6 Shopify monthly plans:
- Shopify Starter: $5 per month
- Shopify Lite: $9 per month
- Shopify Basic: $29 per month
- Shopify: $79 per month
- Shopify Advanced: $299 per month
- Shopify Plus: $2000 per month
If you sign up for an annual, two-year, or three-year plan, you can save up to 25% on Shopify.
Pros and cons of BigCommerce vs. Shopify
Shopify and BigCommerce are two of the most popular e-commerce platforms. Shopify is geared more toward beginners, while BigCommerce is geared more toward more experienced users.
Shopify is geared more towards beginners. It offers a user-friendly interface, with drag-and-drop ease in creating landing pages, product pages, and blogs. Shopify is also easier to customize than BigCommerce since you can use can include your own HTML and CSS.
You can refer to the comparison table below about these 2 e-commerce platforms:
Which e-commerce platform is right for your business
Choosing the right e-commerce platform for your business can be a daunting task. Each platform offers its own set of advantages and disadvantages that can ultimately make it more cost-efficient for your business in the long run.
As you can see, there are a lot of differences between BigCommerce and Shopify. While both platforms have pros and cons, it’s important to consider your unique needs when selecting the right platform for your business. We hope that this guide has helped you make a more informed decision about which platform you should use for your business. Let us know in the comments section below if you have any questions about the platforms or which one is best for your business!