AmzChart – A Powerful Product Research Tool For Amazon
Selling on Amazon is one of the most attractive businesses nowadays. The marketplace is so massive that it contributes to more than 45% of the US eCommerce revenue, sells more than 4000 products per minute, and has a high trust rate among its customers and sellers. These are just a few facts about the giant eCommerce multi-vendor store. However, they are enough to convince anyone to sell on Amazon.
Is selling on Amazon that easy? Let’s try to find the answer! With over two and a half million sellers competing for a few main categories, it undoubtedly pressures on nerves to sell in such a hyper-competitive environment. One needs a proper strategy for finding, listing, marketing, and managing their products to break into the marketplace. Finding high-converting products with low little competition is a tedious chore. It requires a lot of time, expertise, and strategic thinking to find a winning product. Luckily there are tools like AmzChart which can make the process easier for you.
With a robust database, AmzChart currently supports nine marketplaces: America, Germany, Japan, France, India, Mexico, Spain, UK, and the United Arab Emirates. Take the American marketplace as an example, AmzChart has data of more than 35,556,676 products and more than 25000 continually monitored categories. AmzChart is a powerful Amazon product research and BSR chart tool that can help you increase your sales up to 200%. BSR stands for best sellers rank and is a ranking that Amazon gives to the products based on a number of factors such as rating and reviews, sales velocity, and several other methods that they never disclosed publicly. The tool AmzChart uses artificial intelligence to analyze the BSR in different categories based on its massive database that is updated on a regular basis.
Let’s have a thorough look at some of the features of this tool.
- Product search: Customize search using advanced filters
- Keywords: Optimize listings by scouting relevant keywords
- Charts: Recommend potential winning products
- Market: Prime your products by going deep down to the market
- Tracking: Monitor product performance and keep you cautious of your competitors
- Membership Plans & Pricing
- Alternatives to AmzChart
- Final Words
Product search: Customize search using advanced filters
Knowing your targeted audience’s interest and intent is the first step towards any kind of market research. Amazon’s product research is no different. The thing that differentiates a winning seller from the rest is his proper research according to the market trends and analysis of data. It’s not just about the audience when it comes to product research for Amazon. You have to look at a lot of other factors such as competition, category/ subcategory, fees, branding, sourcing, purchasing, bleeding time, bleeding amount, and a lot of other things. This may sound like a complicated thing, but automation tools like AmzChart are available that use artificial intelligence to extract meaningful data and insights for your convenience.
Below is the image from AmzChart’s product research section. We have numbered each option for conveniently explaining the features.
- First of all, one needs to select his locale on Amazon. As the data will be different for different Amazon sites, so choosing the locale where you need to sell is the first step towards finding relevant data.
- After selecting the locale, you need to enter your keyword(s), brand(s), or Amazon Standard Identification Number (ASIN). Once the keyword is entered, the tool will fetch all the relevant results that match your query. If we see that there is an advanced filtering option for each search query. Let’s dig into the importance of these filters.
- Filters Recommended: These are the basic one-click filters to give you a bird’s eye view of the given query’s potential. If you are a beginner, these are the recommended filters to get started. With the help of these already set filters, you can find products which are having low competition but high demand. Optimization potential means that if the product has the potential to be optimized for better quality compared to other sellers. If there are other competing products with defects (not optimized), you can rectify those issues in your own products to get a superior ranking. By selecting the filter “High ROIC”, you can find products that have the potential to give you a high return on invested capital. You can also find new trending niches and products.
- Compare Time: set a time frame for your research.
- Estimated Sales: New on AmzChart! A reference to future sales given the past 30-day sales.
- BSR in Primary Category: With this option, you can filter the results based on the BSR of the primary category. In case a product has more than one category, the BSR will be shown for the primary among them. You can either select a BSR range from the given ranges or type in your own minimum and maximum value. This filter is handy to maximize your revenue by tracking and following the strategies of best sellers.
- Total Reviews: Generally, more number of reviews indicates more number of sales and vice versa. With this filter’s help, you can find the products with fewer reviews and with more reviews to analyze the strategies and the difference to improve your own listing.
- Rating: With the help of the rating filter, you can filter the results for different ratings ranging from 0 – 5. The analysis of similar or nearly similar products with different ratings can help you figure out how to stand out from the rest.
- Buybox Seller: As Amazon doesn’t give the buybox to all sellers so having a buybox is surely something out of the box. With this filter, you can search for products according to Amazon’s buybox.
- More Tags: This shows some other filters for better research. These filters include the products shown in “bought together”, containing A+ content, contains a video, or is Amazon’s choice.
- Save Search: Sometimes, we apply complex filters to our searched queries and want to save them for later analysis. This is where “save search” comes into play; you can use this option to save your search for later use.
- More: If you click on that little “More” button next to the filters, it gives more on category research — An excellent feature for Amazon expert players.
If we talk about each of the individual results, we can see that each result contains the estimated number of sales, BSR, Reviews, Rating, Buybox, and the number of competing sellers. AmzChart also allows the users to analyze the product in detail either directly on the product page on Amazon or on AmzChart. Here is how it shows the details of the product.
We can see that the tool shows all the metrics in tabular form as well as a detailed graphical illustration of the trends.
The growing trends of the reviews, ratings, buybox, and other important matrices are also shown in an easily comprehendible graphical form.
Keywords: Optimize listings by scouting relevant keywords
Like other search engines, Amazon shows the results based on the keywords. Keywords research, therefore, is an essential ingredient for success on Amazon. It will really help if you find keywords that your audience is already typing to get their products. You can then add those keywords in the copy of your listing no matter its title, description, bullet points, or anywhere else. All you need to do is to adjust the valuable keywords where they fit naturally.
AmzChart’s keyword research section helps you find keywords that your target users are already searching on Amazon. You can also search the keywords based on your targeted locale.
For each seed keyword, you will get thousands of related search terms to add to your listing. Monthly search volume, Monthly purchase volume, Number of products against that keyword, and CVR data are displayed for each related keyword.
You can simply click on any keyword to see more details or the trend of search volume.
Charts: Recommend potential winning products
Simple and sweet charts to uncover best-selling items within all categories. ‘FBA New Releases’ chart shows you newly released products rankings based on sales. ‘Movers and Shakers’refers to products whose BSR growth rate has soared in the past 7 or 30 days.
Market: Prime your products by going deep down to the market
Before diving into the market insight, we will first look into what the market refers to here. If we consider Amazon as a tree, all the categories are its branches further narrowed into subcategories or re-branching. For our convenience, we can call each category a different market in Amazon.
Market research in Amazon is fundamental because it can give an idea of the market’s saturation, competition, and the probability of success in that niche. Developers in AmzChart understand this problem, and that’s why they have equipped the tool with a separate market research section. Let’s dive into this as well.
As we click on the market tab in the menu, we are directed to the market analysis page on AmzChart.
- First of all, there is an option to select the locale. Currently, the tool only supports the US, so it is already selected. In newer updates of AmzChart, users will be able to analyze other locales.
- You need to enter some keywords in the search box, and the tool will fetch the relevant niche for you to analyze.
- Total Listings: This option helps you filter the total number of listings available in the searched category. In other words, you will be able to find the total number of products sharing a common sub-niche or keyword, and you can filter categories containing X number of listings. Generally, more listings mean more competition and more difficulty in the ranking. But the statement mentioned earlier is not always true. Sometimes we can rank our product based on other factors such as good customer support, getting more ratings and reviews from customers, and providing more value than our competitors.
- There are some special filters for the reviews that help filter among the total reviews, reviews growth, and the average reviews. Three different types of filters for reviews help you in narrowing down your research. You can use these filters to assess your chances of ranking and your bleeding time and investment.
- New Brand Opportunity: AmzChart is such a user-friendly tool that is always there to help users generate more profit through its powerful database controlled by complex AI algorithms. New Brand Opportunity is one such option. The feature shows a new brand’s probable opportunity to enter the already existing market on a scale of 1 to 100. You can set the filters at any desired opportunity range to analyze the market.
- Category Volatility Index: Another reference to evaluate the chance of success of a product. The greater the index means the performance of top products within that category are unstable, which indicates they are easily replaceable and you may see that as an opportunity to sell your product within that category.
- You can click on “More” to show the advanced filtering option for more in-depth analysis.
Let’s say you want to start selling a product in the HOME & KITCHEN category:
Have your mouse stay on 》for detailed information about HOME&KITCHEN. You will see the top 20 New Brand Opportunity Index: 88.43, a relatively high success rate for a new brand to sell in the category. Top 20 Category Volatility Index: 84.23, a relatively high success rate for a new product to sell in the category.
Takeaway: Combinations of filters give away a set of criteria to help you locate a market, and access if your products are going to be successful in that market.
If you want to look into the details of a single category, you can click on the “category detail” icon for that.
Basic information: A very detailed analysis of the selected category will open in the next tab with a graphical representation of trends and activities.
Apart from this, detailed competitive analysis is also available.
Competitive Analysis: Graphs and doughnut charts analyze the top 100 products from all perspectives, such as growth rates, review trends, price trends, and release date trends. It also provides brand analysis of those top 100 products.
Tracking: Monitor product performance and keep you cautious of your competitors
Tracking your competitors and your own listings on a regular basis is very crucial. It’s not just about Amazon; almost every business nowadays needs active monitoring, irrespective of its niche, landscape, and scope. It’s a tedious chore to monitor all your competitors regularly, and even if you do so, there are chances that you will miss some details. Also, the process will take a lot of time and money investment. Thinking about an easy way? Well! AmzChart is here for you.
AmzChart provides you with two types of tracking. You can add your competitor’s listing in the tracker and leave everything on the AmzChart. It will track them for any changes and will provide you with details of the changes. Now coming to the two types of tracking.
You can add the ASINs to the tracking list, and AmzChart will notify you of any significant change in the added listings through email.
In the product tracking section, you can add up to 20 products for tracking on a daily basis. You can monitor the regularly updated data of sellers, sales, Price, Bestseller rank, and Reviews. If you want a more in-depth analysis of that product being tracked, you can click on the little search icon next to the product details to open detailed matrices in a new tab.
Tips: You can add your more urgent competitors in the Hijacker alerts section and others in the product tracking section so you can monitor the competitors’ listings with ease.
- Massive database with regular updates, support
- Focuses on BSR to help in growth.
- Beginners as well as professionals friendly.
- On-hover instructions are available.
- Advanced filtering to help in narrowing down the results.
- Alert-based tracking.
- In-depth analysis for almost all listings, categories, and keywords.
- Keywords research in multiple locales.
- Partly Free to use.
- Detailed guides are not available. (However, In-built instructions compensate for this).
Membership Plans & Pricing
AmzChart is an all-in-one solution for being a successful Amazon seller. The tool uses artificial intelligence and big data to help you grow up to 200%. With such a powerful database, filters, and ease, there must be a hefty price! AmzChart offers BASIC, PRO, and VIP plans. You can try the PRO plan for $1 dollar, and get free access to the PRO plan by referring others to use it! Such a wonderful deal that you can’t miss.
Alternatives to AmzChart
Although AmzChart is a complete solution, still, you might look for alternatives for comparison. Here are two of the most popular Amazon tools that are alternatives to AmzChart.
Jungle Scout is a tool that can help you in finding a winning product for selling on Amazon. The tool also offers browser extensions that you can add to your browser in order to view the matrices of products while searching for them on Amazon. If we look at the features that the product provides, we can see that it can help in product research, keyword scouting, and Spying on competitors, and it can also help you find trusted manufacturers for your product. Jungle scout comes with monthly and yearly pricing plans ranging from $49 per month to $129/month. If you buy their annual plan, you can save up to 40% compared to the monthly plans.
Helium 10 is undoubtedly one of the top Amazon tools that are popular across the community for many reasons. The tool facilitates product research, keywords research, listing optimization, Inventory management, competitive analysis and tracking, PPC ads management, and landing page creation. The tool also helps the users in writing for the listings by inserting proper keywords. Helium 10 comes with both monthly and yearly pricing plans. The price starts from a preview type free plan to the elite plan, which costs $397/month. When you buy their annual membership, you get two months for free.
AmzChart is a complete solution if you are going to sell on Amazon. With tons of features, detailed analytics, tracking, and BSR charts, AmzChart can surely be your growth partner in Amazon. Also, AmzChart is a powerful tool that can perform almost all the tasks that its premium alternatives offer at a high price. Give it a try and let us know your opinion.