Social Media Marketing Statistics You Need To Know For 2022
If you really want to improve your social media marketing strategy, statistics are the best starting point. When you start with statistics, it will help you benchmark your own performance within your industry and even uncover new strategies. In another word, based on these numbers, you will have the right strategies in identify the right market and potential customers for your business. Hopefully, with this article, marketers, in general, will be able to have more ways to get creative with their Social Media strategy in 2022.
1. Facebook statistics
- Facebook is the most used social platform worldwide
- During the fourth quarter of 2021, the number of daily active users on Facebook reached 1.93 billion
- Over 98 percent of active user accounts worldwide accessed the social network via any kind of mobile phone
- Facebook is the favorite social platform of the 35-44 demographic
- Facebook’s potential advertising reach is 2.11 billion people
- Video ads (video ads) are the best performing ad format on Facebook.
- 50% of consumers want to discover new products through Facebook Stories
2. Instagram statistics
- With about 1.2 billion users, Instagram is also one of the largest global social networking platforms specializing in photo sharing.
- 22.02% of the world’s 4.54 billion active internet users access Instagram monthly
- Instagram has over 500 million+ daily active users
- 25 million is the number of businesses on Instagram
- 90% of Instagram users follow at least 1 brand.
- 58% of marketers say they intend to ramp up Instagram Reels in 2022.
- Engagement rates on Instagram are approximately more than six times higher than those on Facebook (0.83% to 0.13%).
- The USA has the highest number of active users on Instagram (120M)
- 130 Million Instagram Users Tap on Shopping Posts Every Month
3. YouTube statistics
- Technically, YouTube is the second-largest search engine, after Google.
- According to survey data from HubSpot, 44% of marketers intend to promote YouTube in 2022.
- Most YouTube users fall in the age group of 15-35.
- More than 70% of YouTube watch time comes from mobile devices.
- The male-female ratio of YouTube viewers is 11:9.
- Video views on YouTube pass the 1 billion hour mark daily.
- 81% of internet users have used YouTube
- YouTube is the second most popular platform for influencer marketing.
4. LinkedIn statistics
- As of near the end of 2021, LinkedIn has about 800 million users.
- Currently, LinkedIn is present in more than 200 countries and territories.
- 82% of B2B Marketers use LinkedIn for their Digital Marketing strategies.
- 60% of LinkedIn users are between 25 and 34 years old.
- 45 million users use LinkedIn to search for jobs weekly.
- Based on projections, over 50% of marketers got on board with LinkedIn in 2021
- 16.2% of LinkedIn users use the platform daily (versus 48.5% that log in monthly).
- LinkedIn has one of the highest-earning and most educated bases on social media – 51% college-educated with half of the users earning more than $75,000 annually.
5. Twitter statistics
- Twitter boasts about 436 million monthly active users in total worldwide.
- 52% of Twitter users use the platform daily (versus 84% that use it weekly).
- Twitter ranks 15th in the list of largest social networking platforms.
- 83% of world-famous leaders use Twitter.
- 42% of registered users access the app every day.
6. Pinterest statistics
- Pinterest had a total of 431 million monthly active users around the world in January 2022.
- 7.0% of all people aged 13 and above around the world use Pinterest today
- Shoppers on Pinterest have 85% larger shopping carts than buyers on other platforms
- According to the platform themselves, 7 in 10 Pinners say that Pinterest is their go-to place to find products or services they can trust.
- Pinterest users are 40% more likely to say they love shopping (compared to people who don’t use Pinterest).
7. TikTok statistics
- By the end of 2021, TikTok will hit 1 billion monthly active users (MAUs).
- TikTok ranks 7th among the largest global social networking platforms.
- 45% of TikTok’s users are between 18 and 24 years old.
- 39% of Gen Z consumers say that their purchasing decisions are influenced directly by what they see on TikTok.
- TikTok saw the largest increase in planned new platform investment for brands in 2022 (84%) versus YouTube (66%) and Instagram (64%)