6 Best Keyword Research Tools for SEO in 2019
Here are the best keyword research tools for 2019
Ahrefs is one of the most powerful SEO tools on the market. Ahrefs is a robust SEO tool that can be used to:
- Perform Backlink Audits: Auditing your existing link profile is a good first step for any new SEO campaign. Ahrefs will give you the data you need to make informed decision about your link profile.
- Find Link Prospects: Extracting link opportunities from your competitors is one of my best functions of Ahrefs.
- Perform Keyword Research: Most people don’t think of Ahrefs as a keyword research tool, but these people are missing out! This tool has become one of your “go-tos” for finding keywords and content ideas.
- Validate Keywords and Analyze Competitors : Finding keywords is easy, but the real magic happens when you understand how to validate your keywords. Ahrefs can help you achieve this goal.
- Track Individual Keywords: Ahrefs keyword tracking is excellent.
- Track Total Organic Visibility: Only tracking individual keywords is an outdated strategy. The most important KPI in SEO is your organic search traffic data inside Google Analytics. But in addition to Google Analytics, you should leverage the “Total Organic Keywords” data inside Ahrefs.
- Brand Management: Ahrefs allows you set up alerts for keywords or branded keywords. This is a powerful function for relationship building and brand management.
- Site Audits: Lastly, Ahrefs now has a site audit tool. This tool can help your technical SEO performance.
KWFinder is a keyword research and analysis tool bringing hundreds of long tail keywords with low SEO difficulty.
This is the main features of KWFinder:
- Find hidden long tail keywords
- Organize keywords with keyword lists
- Filter keywords that aren’t profitable
- Localized results for local keywords
- Import keywords you want to analyze
- Google Suggest keyword source
- The most accurate keyword difficulty
- Search trends and keyword metrics
- SERP analysis and SEO metrics
Moz Keyword Explorer is a tool to discover and prioritize the best keywords to target.
The 5 big, unique features of Keyword Explorer (KWE):
- KWE takes you all the way through the keyword research process — from discovering keyword ideas to getting metrics to building a list, filtering the keywords on it, and prioritizing which ones to target based on the numbers that matter.
- KWE features metrics essential to the SEO process — two you’re familiar with — Volume and Difficulty — and three that are less familiar: Organic CTR (formerly “Opportunity”), Importance, and Priority. Organic CTR estimates the relative CTR of the organic web results on a SERP. Importance is a metric you can modify to indicate a keyword that’s more or less critical to your campaign/project. And Priority is a combination of all the metrics built to help you prioritize a keyword list.
- Our volume score is the first volume estimation metric we know of that goes beyond what AdWords reports. We do that using Russ Jones’ volume bucket methodology and adding in anonymized clickstream data from ~1 million real searchers in the US. From there, Russ has built a model that predicts the search volume range a keyword is likely to have with ~95% accuracy.
- Keyword suggestions inside KWE come from almost all the sources we saw SEOs accessing manually in their research processes — Keyword Planner data, Google Suggest, Related Searches, other keywords that the ranking pages also ranked for, topic-modeling ideas, and keywords found from our clickstream data. All of these are available in KWE’s suggestions.
Import and export functionality are strongly supported. If you’ve already got a list of keywords and just want KWE’s metrics, you can easily upload that to us and we’ll fetch them for you. If you like the KWE process and metrics, but have more you want to do in Excel, we support easy, powerful, fast exports. KWE is built with power users in mind, so go ahead and take advantage of the tool’s functionality however works best with your processes.
SEMrush is a super elaborate dashboard that reports on the performance of domains as a whole and their specific pages. The website offers numerous toolkits, one of which is an SEO toolkit.
Long Tail Pro is a powerful keyword research software. Long Tail Pro allows the user to generate hundreds or thousands of unique “Long Tail” keywords in a matter of minutes based on 1 single root keyword or multiple root keywords at once.
Serpstat is a software as a service (SaaS) company based in Odessa, Ukraine. It’s the all-in-one SEO platform which provides keywords research, rank tracking, backlink analysis, site audit, and detailed competitors keywords analysis for digital marketers. Serpstat has unique tools — keyword clustering — based on AI.