Fight Pandemic With Your Talent: Where to Sell Website Templates While Sitting at Home?
Before the pandemic, people have a big interest in making money from home. Some of them needed to supplement their main income. Others desire to change their career and get engaged in the brand-new sphere. As you can understand, we can continue this list by mentioning more reasons. When coronavirus spread all over the world, more people turned out to have a desperate need of cash. For this reason, bringing cash to their houses without leaving them became more wide-spread. Fortunately, the Internet gives a chance to make a living. As an example, web-developers, designers, and other creatives can start to sell website templates. Thanks to different marketplaces, it is possible to boost your budget during the pandemic. Today, we are here to share a bunch of marketplaces where you are free to showcase your work. It does not matter whether it is the first or second wave. It is always possible to earn money if you are a part of these highly-popular marketplaces. Let us start learning all the details about them here and now.
How Can You Start to Sell Templates on the TemplateMonster Marketplace?
We are going to start our collection of marketplaces with TemplateMonster. Many people who have something to do with web-development might have already visited this resource. Perhaps, your friends told you that they download a bunch of ready-made solutions from this site regularly. We can say that it offers to choose from 90,000 digital items and therefore, you need to trust it. You do not need to give us the benefit of the doubt. It is better to get familiar with all the details and benefits before joining the marketplace as an author.
- It is obvious that you want to know about a commission rate. In our opinion, TemplateMonster offers an amazing cut for all authors regardless of the product types they sell. However, you need to remember a few peculiarities. First of all, a starting commission for those who sell exclusive items will be 50-65%. A starting commission for authors who share their assets on multiple platforms is 40%. The commission will grow in accordance with your sales. A 65% commission is stable for authors of graphics. It does not matter whether exclusive or non-exclusive products they upload.
- We cannot forget about the fact that Shopify and OpenCart authors can decide what costs their items will have. It is an author-driven pricing policy. The only thing is to start these prices from $29.
- If you require assistance, there are several ways to get support. These include different easy-to-use guidelines regarding the main process like payout, billing, descriptions, reviews, and others. In addition to this, you can communicate with a manager and ask all the questions you have an interest in. Do not forget about joining a Facebook community to share your experience.
- To gain a 95% cut, become a partner in the TemplateMonster Affiliate Program. You are going to receive a special referral link in your account. After this, share the link on the blog or social media to promote your assortment. Thus, every sale will provide you with an additional 30% commission.
Sell Website Templates: What Product Types Can You Submit?
Below, we have prepared a selection of the most popular items to share on TemplateMonster. These include ready-made solutions for such CMS and eCommerce platforms.
You are also free to submit HTML, Bootstrap, and admin templates. The marketplace is also ready to accept plugins, including:
- WordPress plugins
- PrestaShop modules
- Magento extensions
It is no doubt that there is a big selection of graphics to share:
- CV templates
- Certificate designs
- Corporate identity
- And many others
There is also a chance to present stock media and presentation templates for:
- Google Slides
Start to Sell Website Templates on ONE by TemplateMonster
Nowadays, the marketplace also offers its audience to join ONE by TemplateMonster. It is a subscription service that enables downloading the desired items unlimitedly. After the user purchases the chosen plan, he or she gets access to thousands of the most highly-evaluated products. We will not speak a lot about this subscription. In general, it is another way to boost your earnings. You can submit the same types of products and earn a commission for your sales.
DesignHill is a marketplace that salutes graphic designers, illustrators, and other creatives. It is a resource where people are looking for ready-made solutions from such categories as:
- Brand and identity
- Business and advertising
- Packaging and label
- Website and applications
- Social media
- Illustration and art
- Clothing and merchandise
- And others
In general, the site offers 35 categories of products. We are pretty sure that you are going to find the necessary items and start to sell website templates. As a potential seller, you need to know the following details about this marketplace.
- To start with, its network has more than 100,000 buyers.
- It also promises to provide you with up to 90% from every sale.
- Furthermore, you can take advantage of the no-exclusivity lock-in. In other words, it is possible to sell website templates on different platforms simultaneously.
- It offers an author-driven pricing policy that allows setting your costs.
- It does not have a per-service approval.
- Pre-approved artists and designers who share high-quality designs have access to custom services.
Another marketplace that is worth mentioning is Design Cuts. It provides many incredible materials for many web-designers and other people who work in some related spheres. We need to start with products that this marketplace accepts. Below, you can get familiar with a table that we have prepared for you.
|Motion Graphics||Business Cards||Illustrator Brushes|
|Photo Packs||Scene Creators|
These days, it is not extremely easy to join the marketplace. Design Cuts receives many requests from authors who want to sell website templates and other assets. As a result, it created an invitation-only system. How does it work? You need to send your ready-made solutions to the product team. It will check them out to understand whether they meet all the requirements. If everything is perfect, a manager will communicate with you.
ThemeForest is a part of the EnvatoMarket. If your purpose is to sell website templates, it will be another perfect match. As an example, you will be ready to share web-design assets for such CMS and eCommerce platforms:
- And many others
It also enables submitting UI templates for:
- Adobe XD
Why do we consider Envato one of the best marketplace to join as an author? There are a few reasons that are worth sharing.
- To start with, it has millions of visitors per month.
- It promises to bring you a 50% commission. Moreover, you have the freedom to provide support for your ready-made solutions. Thanks to this opportunity, you will receive additional income.
- To make the audience notice you, ThemeForest gives a chance to become an elite or power author. This role gives extra benefits like interviews, special badges, a wall of fame, and others.
A Few Words in Conclusion
Social distancing and quarantine have changed the way we live. The sphere of work is not an exception. Due to the pandemic, many people lose their full-time or part-time jobs. For this reason, it raises many questions about making money and moving forward. As a result, people need to go beyond their traditional thinking. As you can understand, web-developers and designers who want to sell website templates can bring home the bacon. In addition to this, they have multiple choices in terms of the marketplace. We hope that you will manage to opt for the most suitable and profitable platform. Thanks for reading!