Top 10+ Subscription apps for your Shopify store
For eCommerce stores, subscriptions are a popular tactic for increasing sales and maintaining the overall sales figures. In this article, I am going to tell you the best Shopify subscriptions apps.
Here is a list of the best Shopify Subscription Apps in 2021:
- 1. ReCharge Recurring Billing & Subscriptions
- 2. Recurring Orders & Subscription Box App by Bold
- 3. Recurring Memberships
- 4. Charge Rabbit
- 5. Seal Subscriptions
- 6. Recurring Order & Subscription
- 7. Recurring Payments & Orders
- 8. TORO Recurring & Subscription
- 9. Native Subscriptions
- 10. Appstle Subscriptions
- 11. Subscription & Recurring Pay
- 12. Bundle Subscriptions
This is the most popular of the Shopify subscription apps, in part because of its robust feature list. ReCharge allows you to create multiple subscription plans. It is the only app that integrates directly into Shopify Accounts and has the account creation flow built into checkout, as well as allowing customers to manage their subscriptions from your website. It also supports both credit card and PayPal payments, and if you have an existing membership list, you can bulk import your subscribers into your store for free.
This Bold Commerce app allows you to sell physical products on a subscription basis. Prominent shopping sites such as Sugar Bear Hair and Lucky Tackle Box, the largest subscription store on Shopify, feature this app. Recurring Orders is the only app to allow subscriptions on individual products or an entire recurring cart, as well as mixed-cart shopping (one-time purchases and recurring orders). It also is the first Shopify app to allow for Build-a-Box or Meal-Plan type subscriptions.
This app, also by Bold Commerce, works for both online and offline membership plans, from digital content subscriptions to fitness classes at your studio. One of its top selling points is the ability to change content accessible to visitors based on their subscription type, including a custom homepage for members. Recurring Memberships also allows for subscriptions boxes where customers receive random items within a specific category, rather than specific products.
This app, created by Corknine Development, works best for businesses that sell digital magazine and video subscriptions, as well as charge for ongoing access to online files.
One downside to Charge Rabbit is that it doesn’t offer a PayPal option.
Seal Subscriptions will help you start your subscription business and increase your revenue with recurring orders.
This app will add a subscription widget next to the add to cart button on your product pages. When your customers subscribe and their next subscription order is ready, the app will send them an automatic invoice with the checkout link. Your customers will have the freedom to complete the order whenever they want!
This recurring orders app allows to easily create and maintain subscriptions, payment plans and invoicing. No customer login/registration required, allowing a quick subscription process. If needed, customers can unsubscribe using a link in the email.
Customers will see a subscription option next to Add to cart button, at the specified product(s) page.
The app sends them recurrent emails with a payment link that can accept over 100 payment options, using Shopify billing system.
PayWhirl Recurring Payments makes it easy to create, manage and sell subscriptions or other types of recurring payment plans on Shopify. This app help eliminate the custom development typically required to build all of the web pages that allow your customers to store payment methods, purchase subscriptions, and manage their own accounts online.
With PayWhirl + Shopify, your customers will be able to login and manage their own information, see their billing history and make changes to their account. Customers will be able to add or remove payment plans, update their stored cards on file, addresses and profile information associated with their subscriptions… All without having to contact anyone at your business!
You can rest assured with PayWhirl’s, cloud based, scalable infrastructure powering your recurring billing.
This app is perfect for rental companies (flats, office buildings, equipments, etc.), subscription accompanying services (graphic design, software, photoshop, etc.), marketing companies, consultants…
With this app you can:
- Allow customers to subscribe your products daily, weekly, monthly or custom time intervals
- Provide fixed subscription which is suitable for monthly house rental, weekly magazine, etc.
- Apply a discount if customers subscribe this product frequently rather than purchasing once.
- Rule settings: Manually set up a recurring rule for a specific product or automatically apply it to a pre-defined product group
Native Subscriptions app is a smart way to create subscriptions and recurring billing options on your Shopify store and a perfect solution for double your monthly sales. Native Subscriptions is a complete subscription app with Shopify’s Native Checkout which is using the latest Subscription API. This app is the perfect solution for recurring orders with secure billing options. Native Subscriptions billing keeps your customers from ever forgetting and ensure they get your product month after month as per your customer’s requirements.
Native Subscriptions will help you to create subscriptions and recurring billing easily. It will help you add a subscription widget next to add your Add-to-cart button. Recurring payments are managed at the customer’s satisfaction with this app. Store owner can set Fixed or Percentage Discount on subscription products.
- With the Native Subscriptions, you can set up discounts for initial subscription orders.
- Manage email notifications.
- Customer can Skip, pause or cancel subscription from their own customer portal at any time without any complications.
- Customers can manage and change address anytime.
- Create subscription models that suit your store strategy.
- Let your Customers select their own frequency in a daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly manner.
- Offers great flexibility to configure rules and onboarding flow for subscriptions.
- Keep live updates of your subscriber with analytics.
- Change card details securely.
- Gives a comprehensive solution that helps you create efficient subscription management systems.
- Moreover the app will offer excellent workflows to ensure the best outcomes while building your subscription business model.
- User-friendly admin for both customers and store owners to manage the subscription data.
- Safe payments: Customer’s credit card information is collected securely.
- Integrates effortlessly with the checkout flow and order management system of Shopify.
- Easy customization: Native Subscription offers a customizable design that seamlessly integrates with your store design.
Appstle subscriptions enable you to offer subscription products in a few clicks. The app is exclusively designed to help you seamlessly set up, connect with Shopify checkout and start selling subscription products in minutes.
- Multiple subscription intervals: With Appstle, you can create daily, weekly, monthly, or annual delivery intervals and provide your customers with as many options as you see fit.
- Self-managed subscription options: Appstle helps you enable your customers to pause, edit, or skip upcoming deliveries, swap products, update payment, and adjust delivery dates.
- Seamless connect with Shopify checkout: Appstle provides an easy and secure checkout by integrating with Shopify checkout. This enables unified checkout and processing of one-time & subscription orders.
- Auto billing for Subscription Products: With saved customer payment methods, Appstle helps you to automatically bill your customers in a hassle-free manner.
- Personalized mail notifications: With Appstle Subscriptions, you can send your shoppers personalized and automated emails, to keep them engaged. More customer engagement means more loyalty!
- Mixed cart checkout: Having worked with ‘000s of merchants, we know that redirections during checkout creates friction and reduces conversion. Appstle significantly minimizes this by enabling a mixed cart, and checkout one-time and subscription products in the same transaction.
- Custom CSS and Subscription widget option: Appstle is a ready to use Plug and Play tool, requiring zero coding knowledge. But we also take care of the merchants who like to customize their code (using CSS). Our Custom CSS setting enables you to provide your own CSS and customize the subscription widget.
- Track Product performance in real-time: Appstle, through its dashboard, provides you with detailed reports of your customers, revenue, and subscriptions, and tracks your product performance in real-time.
- Reduce churn with dunning management: Recapture failed transactions due to expired or declined cards with our in-built and automated mechanisms to notify customers and payment retries
The Subscriptions & Recurring Pay Benefits:
- Provide users with a safe way to pay online with Shopify Native Checkout. You do not need to use 3rd party payment gateway.
- Turn one-time sales into recurring purchases. You can turn your shop to Subscription-Based or just a few products tailor to your business-need
- Offer both subscriptions and one-time purchases. So, your customers can purchase mixed cart checkout with one-time and recurring products in one transaction
- Let your customer choose a suitable subscription plan when purchasing sub-product
- Store owners can create as many subscription group and plans as your need
- Customers can access the Customer Portal through Shopify Native Login
- Control Customers’ Permission on Enable/Cancel/Pause/Skip/Cancel,… a subscription
- Show link customer portal after checkout
- Send email notifications to customers. You also can edit the email templates tailoring to your business concepts
- NO Coding Skills needed. The installation process is automatic in any case, including changing the themes. You just need to come to the app again.
- NO Leftover If you need to uninstall the app
- Carefully testing with Shopify Themes and less chance to conflict with others.
The Bundle app empowers you to easily add subscription options to your products using Shopify’s native checkout. With Bundle, you’ll increase sales and retain customers by offering flexible discount options on recurring purchases.
The app also allows customers to self-manage their subscriptions whenever they need to make a change—helping you save time on inbound customer contacts. We minimize churn and cancellations by providing alternatives like skip or pause.
We also help shoppers quickly update billing information so that failed charges don’t interrupt you or the customer’s experience.
- Integrated with Shopify’s native checkout and native reporting
- Store payment information and automatically charge customers
- Built to easily integrate with your store’s theme
- Customers can easily manage subscriptions on their own