How to setup your own forum using Shopify
Adding a forum to your Shopify store is a great way to encourage user interaction and extend the conversation beyond your comments section. It’s also a great and easy way to provide support for your product or service instead of sorting through a mile-long email thread.
Luckily, Shopify makes it easy to add a forum to your store. The solution comes in the form of some apps. This is a easiest way to add a forum to your Shopify store. You don’t need to edit your Shopify theme templates to insert application code.
Here is a list of the best Shopify Forum Apps:
Champ is a Shopify app that lets easily you add a forum to your existing Shopify store.
Champ is a good for:
- Customer support forums
- Product pre-sales Q&A
- Community discussions
- Providing news and updates
- Private discussion groups
- Site for your team discussions
- User-to-user private messaging
When you use Champ, your forum will be installed within your existing Shopify store’s subdirectory (https://yourdomain.com/community/champ) and not on a separate subdomain. It’s good for SEO because of this, any content that’s publicly available and generated in your forum will be indexed by the search engines and can add to providing extra SEO for your site.
With Champ, you can moderate messages posted in your forums both within the app and on the user-facing pages. You can also allow certain users (through tagging them) to moderate messages as well.
Built in controls include:
- Hiding posts
- Editing posts
- Pinning topics to the top of the forum
You can easily:
- Restrict access to all or certain sections of your forum
- Restrict posting permissions
- Create read-only forums
- Restrict moderator controls at the user tag level
Muut is a modern, beautiful, and responsive commenting and forum system that you can embed on your own site and style to your liking.
With Mutt, you can do:
- Auto-generated Forum Page template
- Single-line liquid tag to embed commenting on any page or article (blog post, shop product, etc.) template
- Single-line liquid tag to embed interactive widgets in any template
- Federated Identities: use your existing users and login screen
- SEO indexing for all Muut content
- Multi-language support
- Insanely fast loads and actions
- Permanent content that everyone can trust
- Discover our full documentation on our website.
Xenforum is a Shopify app, that lets you add a forum to your Shopify store in a few minutes and helps you to build a community around your brand.
- Create new topics, edit topics
- Create new posts, reply posts, edit posts with WYSIWYG editor
- Upload an image and insert into posts
- Mention someone
- Search contents
- Like posts
- User profiles and edit profiles, notifications
- Admin and Moderators can manage topics and posts from the front store.
- Manage forums
- Manage topics and posts
- Manage users
- Manage display and settings
A social network will help customers feel free to share their feelings about your product/brand. Building a private social network makes your brand more professional and insightful. Customers will also be completely focused on your brand without being attracted to other issues like when they use a popular social network (Facebook/Twitter…). It helps you build a community around your brand, capture customer needs, handle problems that your customers have, and drive long-term sales. Shopicial lets you easily add a social network to your Shopify store.
Transform your site into a community with Chatigy. Chatigy is a high-powered chat engine that allows your site visitors to chat with each other in real time. The newest version offers by default Chatigy Forums which adds a forum to each page in your site.
Your site visitors will be able to:
- Ask questions
- Start discussions
- Contact Customer Service
- See who’s online
- Make friends
- Create private chats
As the site owner, you will be able to:
- Get a sense of what people are saying about your site
- Engage your visitors directly in real time
- Customize Chatigy’s colors to match your theme
- Customize chat behavior
- Enable Chatigy’s customer service option
- Review reporting on site activity
With Social King, your Shopify Store will support guest blogging.
- Create their own user profile with a picture and about section
- Create and edit posts, including uploading images and embedding videos
- Comment on each other’s posts
- React with Emojis
Store Admins Can:
- Manage Tags to drive conversations around specific topics
- Moderate every User-Generated Post & Comment before it goes live on the site
- Promote relevant products alongside user-generated content
- Customize the look and feel of the community pages