How to setup your own forum using Shopify
Adding a forum to your Shopify store is a great way to encourage user interaction and extend the conversation beyond your comments section. It’s also a great and easy way to provide support for your product or service instead of sorting through a mile-long email thread.
Luckily, Shopify makes it easy to add a forum to your store. The solution comes in the form of some apps. This is a easiest way to add a forum to your Shopify store. You don’t need to edit your Shopify theme templates to insert application code.
Champ is a Shopify app that lets easily you add a forum to your existing Shopify store.
Champ is a good for:
- Customer support forums
- Product pre-sales Q&A
- Community discussions
- Providing news and updates
- Private discussion groups
- Site for your team discussions
- User-to-user private messaging
When you use Champ, your forum will be installed within your existing Shopify store’s subdirectory (https://yourdomain.com/community/champ) and not on a separate subdomain. It’s good for SEO because of this, any content that’s publicly available and generated in your forum will be indexed by the search engines and can add to providing extra SEO for your site.
With Champ, you can moderate messages posted in your forums both within the app and on the user-facing pages. You can also allow certain users (through tagging them) to moderate messages as well.
Built in controls include:
- Hiding posts
- Editing posts
- Pinning topics to the top of the forum
You can easily:
- Restrict access to all or certain sections of your forum
- Restrict posting permissions
- Create read-only forums
- Restrict moderator controls at the user tag level
Muut is a modern, beautiful, and responsive commenting and forum system that you can embed on your own site and style to your liking.
With Mutt, you can do:
- Auto-generated Forum Page template
- Single-line liquid tag to embed commenting on any page or article (blog post, shop product, etc.) template
- Single-line liquid tag to embed interactive widgets in any template
- Federated Identities: use your existing users and login screen
- SEO indexing for all Muut content
- Multi-language support
- Insanely fast loads and actions
- Permanent content that everyone can trust
- Discover our full documentation on our website.