How to get traffics from Facebook to your Shopify store
Is Shopify dropshipping dead?
Is Shopify too saturated to enter?
Tons of traffics on Facebook but no good way to put it into my Shopify store. etc
Such questions are common to see as Shopify dropshipping thrive with numberless sellers enter but harder to get sales than before. In fact, Shopify dropshipping becomes much competitive and no longer a business that you can make a quick buck. The opportunity to become big sellers with Shopify still great but not easy. To more sales, you need to be more skilled in marketing. That is why I put my main topic on Facebook marketing. In this article, I will try to help beginners to know how to create an ad by covering these parts:
- Preparations to make a good Facebook ad.
- Important procedures of creating a Facebook ad.
- Skills to optimize your Facebook conversion.
Preparations to make a good Facebook ad
There are 4 things you need to do before creating FaceBook ads.
- Creating a BM account (Business Manager): Manage your ad accounts, Pages, and the people who work on them — all in one place. Here you go to create BM account: https://business.facebook.com.
- Creating ads accounts: After creating a BM account, Click “Add Ad Account” and click “Create Ad Account”. Filling in the necessary information to creates ads account. You can create more than 1 account.
- Install Pixel to Shopify store: The Facebook pixel is an analytics tool that gathers actions people take on your website so that you to measure the effectiveness of your advertising. Learn more: https://www.facebook.com/business/help/952192354843755.
- Learn Facebook ads policies: Especially pay attention to prohibited contents and restricted contents. Here you go the details: https://www.facebook.com/policies/ads/.
Important procedures of creating a Facebook ad
Set the advertisement objective.
Set your business goals for the ads. Advertisement objective is what you want people to do when they see your ads. Such as generating interest in your products or service, generating people looking for more information about the ads, encouraging people to purchase your products or service. Usually, if you are going to create a PPE (Page post engagement) ads, you can choose Engagement as an objective. If you are going to create a WC (Website conversion), you should choose Conversions as objective.
There are 3 ways for you to target audience:
- Create a new audience by setting audience details such as locations, age, gender, behaviors, interests .etc.
- Create a custom audience. Use the audience source you already have which comes from your websites, Facebook .etc as the targeted audience.
- Create a lookalike audience. Mainly based on the value-based sources you gathered by Facebook Pixel, you can target the audience who share similar traits with the audience you already have.
If you choose to use a custom audience or lookalike audience as your targeted audience, make sure that your source data is new-updated so that to get better effectiveness.
Budget & Schedule
How much should you set the budget? It depends on many factors such as the audience size, objective, commodity price .etc. You can adjust according to your requirement and the effectiveness of the ads. Usually, people start at $10/day. If you target the high-valued audience, budget tends to spend more.
Create ads contents
All setting well, what left most important is to create ads contents. There are 3 kinds of ads on Facebook: Images, Videos or slideshow. Video is good to get more engagement, but not so easy for beginners. You can try to find fiverr to help you create a video if you don’t how to do it by yourself. Before submitting ads, checking your elements whether violates Facebook’s policies or violates the rights of others.
Skills to optimize your Facebook conversion
There are numberless skills to optimize Facebook ads. Today I am going to talk 2 basic and most usually used methods:
A/B Testing ads
Create the best-performing ads campaigns and scale them to get more effective traffics. This is all Facebook advertiser does. But how to do you know they are the best-performing ads? This is just what A/B Testing ads do – lets you test different versions of your ads so you can see what works best and improve future campaigns.
The most important principal to A/B Testing ads is set just one variable element for each time. You can test these elements:
- Creative (images, videos, text, headlines and/or calls-to-action buttons)
- Audience ( audience your target)
- Optimization event (the purpose of you creating the ads)
- Placements (where it’s best to show the ads on each platform)
Facebook pixel gathers actions people take on your website. These audiences are high-valued audiences that you can remarket them, which brings you higher conversions much easier than marketing on a group of a totally new audience. The steps include:
- First, get the source from pixel
- Second, create user layers before remarketing. Set different standards to create user layers. Take video ads as an example: you can divide user layers by watching time, click into visit store, purchase .etc.
- Third, chose a custom audience that sourced from Pixel when creating ads. Make sure that your ads corresponding with your user layers’ characteristics so that to get better effectiveness.