2020 Holiday Selling Guide
The holiday season is around the corner and so are endless sales possibilities. Forecasts indicate that for e-commerce this year holiday sales will grow by 25% to 35%, year-over-year. Encourage your customers to shop early this year as deliveries might get delayed due to COVID-19. There’s no time to lose! People will be looking for early deals and promotions, which is why we’ve got your back covered! We created a Holiday Selling Guide, perfect for crushing your sales this holiday season!
Step 1: Mark important dates in your content calendar
With the holiday season starting early this year, planning your holiday marketing strategy ahead of time is very important. Seasonal campaigns will play a key role in making the best possible profit, which is why we would like to share with you important dates to keep in mind. Take a look at our holiday calendar and take a deep dive into content trends for these dates. Also, don’t forget to take into account holiday shipping cut-off dates so everybody gets a gift from their loved ones.
- Halloween: October 31st
- Thanksgiving: November 26th
- Black Friday: November 27th
- Cyber Monday: November 30th
- Hanukkah: December 22 – 30th
- Christmas: December 25th
- Boxing Day: December 26th
- New Year’s Eve/Day: December 31st/January 1st
Step 2: Determine the products you’re going to sell
The holiday season is one of the best times of the year to know the demand for the wide range of products. This information is highly valuable because it allows you to offer the hot products your customers want. Therefore, we want to share with you our juiciest secret: our best selling products forecast for the 2020 holiday season. Yes, we’ve done our homework and gathered our data regarding which products will be high in demand just for you. Enjoy!
- Classic best-selling products: Classic T-shirt, Ladies T-shirt, V-Neck T-shirt, Lady Flowy Tank, Premium Fit Ladies Tee, Premium Fit Mens Tee, Youth T-shirt, All-over T-shirt.
- Seasonal products: Blanket, Quilt, Embroidered Hat, Knit Beanie, Socks, Hooded Sweatshirt, Long Sleeve Tee, Crewneck Sweatshirt, Hoodie, Decorative Pillow, Table Runner, Placemat, Tea Towel.
- Best budget-friendly gifts: Face Mask, Mug, Tumbler, Poster, Necklace, Tie, All-over Tote, Phone Case.
- 2020 rising stars: Wrapped Canvas, Sleeve Blanket, Hooded Blanket
Step 3: Spice up your marketing strategy
Take advantage of the different festivities and create theme-based home pages, storefronts, promotions, and ads. Don’t be afraid to retarget your customers! A retargeting strategy maximizes the chances that your customers will make a purchase. Email Marketing and Facebook Pixel are the perfect tools to achieve that.
Make sure to set up Bundle & Save and Upsells for all your campaigns to increase your AOV. Last but not least, don’t forget that the holiday season is about being grateful and generous! Show your customers your appreciation for them with coupons and free shipping.
Without a doubt, this holiday season is going to be a goldmine for e-commerce. Our Holiday Selling Guide will help you prepare and get ready for this upcoming sales marathon.
Source: TeeChip’s Blog