Shopify – The Easy eCommerce Platforms for a Startup
Many people ask us which eCommerce platform is best for a company just starting out with an online store. Short answer: Shopify offers all the features you need.
Shopify is packed with tools to get your site up and running in minutes, plus you don’t have to worry about hosting or buying a domain name from a third party. In this respect, one might call it the perfect turnkey solution, built with pricing plans that cater to small start-up stores as well as stores that generate millions of dollars in sales.
It is very easy to use. If you are planning to move your business – commerce to the Internet, then this platform is ideal. If you already have an operating online store, you can transfer it to this site. If you are just thinking about creating your own business, or are planning to monetize your hobby, then all the more you need to learn about the portal’s functionality.
Shopify’s one-stop shopping platform helps entrepreneurs create, manage and grow online businesses. It greatly simplifies the management of your online store.
- On Shopify, you host your online store. I decided to highlight the points that especially attracted me as a user when considering the site’s functionality.
- The ability to choose a ready-made design from more than 70 themes. At the same time, you can customize any color, image, and font to personalize your store.
- There is an adaptive version for mobile devices. So that all visitors who come to your site will see everything they need from both a computer and a mobile phone.
- Built-in SEO function. You will be able to use marketing in full, thanks to a ready-made solution for attracting customers. At the same time, you will receive all instructions for using and setting up advertising.
- You can use the help of an expert to set up your store from scratch. The support group works 24 hours 7 days a week and in case of any questions, specialists will always advise and help in solving complex issues.
- Ability to edit your site at will.
- You can use your own domain name or purchase it using Shopify. The site is equipped with a convenient content management system.
- The site has a link to a free stock photography store, where you can pick up any high-quality thematic picture to post on your site.
Who is it for?
Shopify is suitable for both an existing business and aspiring entrepreneurs.
Work on the dropshipping system
Especially it is worth paying attention to the convenient functionality of the platform for those who are going to trade using the dropshipping system. This option is convenient for beginner entrepreneurs. After all, in order to start dropshipping, you will need to decide on the products to sell. Conveniently, there are no costs for storage and logistics. Also, the dropshipping system implies that the products are sent directly from the wholesale/supplier to your customers.
How does this happen?
First, the customer places an order on your website.
Your online store sends the order to the supplier.
The supplier prepares, packages, and sends the order directly to your customers.
The main advantage of dropshipping trading is that a business starts with minimal costs.
The most important thing is to decide on the product, find a supplier and set up high-quality marketing for your resource.
So, if you already have a business and want to create an additional source of income, and then decide on the type of product, register on Shopify and promote it.
If you do not yet know where to start and what to sell, then you can monetize your hobby. Perhaps you do handicrafts and are enthusiastic about selling your products. It is very easy to deal with the functionality of the Shopify store. This does not require any special knowledge. All you need to do is set up ads and get orders.
The most interesting thing is that Shopify gives you the opportunity to use the free version for 14 days. And in the event that everything suits you, you can switch to the paid version.