Distinguish Between Shopify and Shopify Plus
Shopify is a complete e-commerce platform that lets you start, grow and manage a business. Shopify isn’t just a piece of software or a singular product, it’s an all-in-one commerce platform. More than that, it’s a rich ecosystem that creates value for business owners by bringing together developers, business experts, and shoppers in the shared pursuit of making commerce better for everyone.
Nowadays, with the rapid growth of businesses, they want to elevate the overall revenue of customer experience and accelerate growth they have upgraded from Shopify to Shopify Plus – an enterprise e-commerce software system designed for high-growth merchants and brands who have high levels of annual revenue. So what are the advantages of Shopify Plus and when do you need to upgrade your store to Shopify Plus and when you upgrade, what benefits will you get compared to the standard Shopify plan, please refer to the following comparison.
Shopify is a complete e-commerce platform that lets you start, grow and manage a business. It’s hosted and there are three different pricing tiers to choose from (Basic, Shopify, and Advanced). Shopify unifies all of your commerce onto a single platform. With Shopify, merchants can sell many items and they can build and customize an online store and sell in multiple places, including web, mobile, in-person, brick-and-mortar locations, and pop-up shops and across multiple channels from social media to online marketplaces. However, at some point, as your business grows, you want to expand and upgrade, then the progress to Shopify Plus is a necessity.
Shopify Plus is an enterprise e-commerce software system designed for high-growth merchants and brands who have high levels of annual revenue. Shopify Plus offers more flexibility, support options, and permissions to your store’s code, making it an excellent choice for businesses that need access to resources that will support higher levels of growth.
Shopify offers some of the top features in a highly competitive e-commerce marketplace. Shopify offers several plans to help your business grow at every stage. Each Shopify pricing plan offers a variety of features. There is no one specific plan that works for every business, but here are the features of all plans.
- Shopify allows you to create a store easier than ever, even if you don’t have any design or coding knowledge.
- You are then granted permission to customize the features of your store and are provided with the tools to best manage your store.
- The number of products that you can sell in your Shopify store isn’t restricted.
- Shopify offers various methods of contacting support including phone, email, and chat support depending on your store plan: Shopify features 24/7 dedicated support, by email, live chat, and phone.
Shopify Plus includes all of the standard Shopify features, plus offers an array of features to help you further grow your high-volume business.
- The Shopify organization admin lets you manage all the stores in your organization from a single location. The management tools in the Shopify organization admin can be used by Shopify Plus merchants only: Overview, Users, Stores, and Shopify Flow. Shopify Plus.
- Merchants have access to advanced Shopify apps that are designed for high-growth merchants. The following channels and apps can be used by Shopify Plus merchants only: Wholesale channel, Launchpad, Script Editor, Bulk Account Inviter, and Transporter app.
- With Shopify Plus, you can add up to 100 themes to your Shopify account to try out any new themes, keep seasonal versions of your published theme, or test changes to a copy of your published theme.
- Shopify Plus merchants get a membership to the Shopify Plus Community on Facebook to share strategies and experiences with other high-volume merchants.
3. Costs and Payment Processing Fees
Shopify: $29 per month for Basic, $79 per month for Shopify, and $299 per month for Advanced.
- Basic: 2.9% plus 30 cents for online card sales, flat 2.7% for in-person sales
- Shopify: 2.6% plus 30 cents for online card sales, flat 2.5% for in-person sales
- Advanced: 2.4% plus 30 cents for online card sales, flat 2.4% for in-person sales
Shopify Plus: Costs begin at $2,000 per month for standard setups and integrations; for higher volume business structures, there is a variable fee option.
Credit card fees vary by country. 0.15% per transaction for third-party payment processors; if you use Shopify Payments, this fee is waived
4. Sales Limits and Contract Requirements
Shopify: Technically unrestricted, but Shopify gently suggests a limit of 100,000. After exceeding that number, it may be time to compare your current plan with Shopify Plus.
Shopify Plus: Unrestricted sales limits
Shopify and Shopify Plus contract requirements are Monthly, yearly, or biennially.
5. Right time to upgrade Shopify to Shopify Plus
If your annual sales have surpassed one million dollars, it’s likely time to upgrade your plan. Shopify Plus offers more flexibility, support options, and permissions to your store’s code, making it an excellent choice for businesses that need access to resources that will support higher levels of growth.