7+ best image optimization apps for speeding up your Shopify store
Did you know that nearly half of your website visitors expect your site to load in 2 seconds or less? Even worse, most will abandon your site if it fails to load within 3 seconds.
The good news is you can significantly reduce the number of abandoning visitors by speeding up your website.
Images often account for most of the downloaded bytes on a web page. If you’re looking to significantly boost your page speed, the first thing you need to do is to optimize images on your Shopify store.
Below are 7+ image optimization Shopify apps for lightning fast loading.
Compress All Existing And New Images In One Click
When you install Crush.pics, it will go through all your images and optimize them. Whenever you add a new product or asset image, Crush.pics will automatically optimize it with no work from you.
Tidy Your Image SEO
Automatically rename all image File Names and Alt tags to optimize your images further for search engines. Use your product data to go from an image file name that looks like this: DSC_0005.jpg to this: Brand_Womens_Cotton_Tshirt_White_ShortSleeve.jpg
Batch Restore Originals
Crush.pics will store all your original images for 30 days, and you can revert to your original images during that time. You can do this for any image manually, or do a Batch Restore and revert all your compressed images to their original version.
Same Quality, Smaller Images
Choose between Lossless or Lossy compression. With LOSSLESS compression, your images will be as crisp as the original, and you can expect compression of up to 30%.
For biggest savings, choose LOSSY compression. There will be small, barely visible loss in image sharpness, but your compression will go up to 70%.
Image Optimizer takes care of each graphic element on your site, processing it to make the page work faster and appear higher in the Google search. Typical compression ranges from 40%-60%.
- Compress Product / Asset / Collection Images
- 5 Image Compression Examples
- JPEG, PNG (including transparent PNGs), GIF (including animated GIFs)
- Backup / Restore
- Restore Individual / All Images
- Compress New Images Automatically
The image optimizer app on Shopify that lets you optimize many images on every plan.
While other apps usually charge per image optimization, Awesome Image Optimizer charges a simple, fixed monthly fee. Don’t worry about how many products and collection you have or have many images you’ll add or change, every plan comes with a generous number of image optimizations. You only pay more if you want longer backup retention / restore period.
This image optimization app has every feature you need to make your store super-fast and SEO friendly and it works automatically. You only have to setup the optimizations once and ImagePrime optimizes your product images as you upload them.
ImagePrime’s intelligent image optimizer losslessly optimizes and resizes your images making your store super responsive.
Shopify Image Optimization App that speeds up your store and makes it more SEO-friendly!
Hundreds of Shopify merchants have already chosen our app instead of competitors’ apps because:
- It’s the only 3-in-1 app: image resizer, image compression and alt image optimization
- Full access to unlimited number of images
- Scheduling of alt tag changes, image resizing and compression
ImageRecycle App is an automatic Image optimizer for your Shopify store.
- Compress automatically new images
- Compress automatically existing images
- Compress images from products and from assets
- Optimize png, jpg, gif
- 1 month image backup and restore
- Define optimization quality per file type, jpg, png, gif
Unlimited Image Compressor allows you to compress images in product cards of your store to a different degree, without restrictions on the number of processed images.
- Use our app without any limits!
- Compress images
- Bulk Edit ALT text for images
- Convert images
- Add advanced background fields for square image
- Improved SEO and site performance
- The app does not require any code changes or programmer’s work
- One click installation
Instead of manually optimizing images, you can select the Image Optimizer auto-optimization service. This allows you to optimize images automatically, so you can focus on other important aspects of your business, like increasing your sales.
This app automatically optimizes images and uploads the optimized version to your Shopify store. It transforms your page loading time by compressing your images by up to 70%, without reducing their quality. And you can restore your images to their original state at any time, and you can also optimize images manually too.
Additionally, Image Optimizer increases organic traffic to your online store by improving your site’s SEO structure.
- Optimize Image ALT tag: ALT tags can be added automatically to every image on three pages: product page, collection page and blog post.
- Image optimization: Optimize images (image optimizer seo, image optimizer online image compression, seo images, seo image) to increase loading speed (page speed test) compress images size and keep its quality unchanged.