16+ Best Free and Premium Pre-order Apps for Shopify
Many online stores accept pre-orders and ship items to their customers as soon as they have them in stock. You don’t need to spend a whole lot of money to add such a feature to your own store. In fact, these Shopify apps allow you to handle pre-orders easier:
- Pre‑Order Manager 2.0 PreOrder
- Pre‑order Now ‑ PreOrder
- Advanced PreOrder(Partial Pay)
- Coming Soon Products Preorders
- Preorderly ‑ Preorder NOW
- Globo Pre‑Order
- PreOrder Me
- PO (Pre‑Order Manager)
- Simple Pre‑order
- Pre Order Maker
- Pre‑Order Helper
- Pre‑Order Controller
- Pre‑order Autopilot
- Pre‑Order Customizer
- Fast Pre‑Order & Draft Order
With this app, the “Add to cart” button will be replaced by the Pre-Order button for out-of-stock products. Your customer clicks the Pre-Order button and goes through the regular order procedure to buy an item. You can set the same option to sell “Coming Soon” products, manage pre-sale and hide the “Sold Out” button.
The app works out of the box. You don’t need to customize your theme. The app will automatically replace the “Add to cart” button everywhere in the store for out-of-stock products. The Pre-Order Manager is perfectly compatible with:
- All popular themes
- Ajax carts
- Ajax collections and homepages
- Quick-view pop-ups
- All SpurIT apps
Pre-order Now makes it easy to automatically replace the dreadful Out of Stock” button with an inviting “Pre-order Now” button so shoppers can buy your products even when they’re out of stock. As a result, you offer a better customer experience and sell more products.
This app changes the Add to Cart button to the Pre-order button when an item is out of stock. Making available for users to buy.
Initially, all you need to do is install the app. The installation process is very simple and user-friendly. Just click on the install button approve the agreement and submit. That’s it! Your installation is done. Preorder: After installation, you can see products in the products tab. You can enable/disable Pre-order for each product and its variants. After enabling, open the same product page on frontend then you can see “Pre-Order” Button (if your product is out of stock) instead of Add to Cart button. In-app admin under general settings, you can change the button text, custom message, and color scheme according to your theme.
The app offers two product types:
Pre-Order Product – This option allows your customer to place an order before the product becomes officially available for purchase. The application can display “Available from: MM/DD/YYYY” label on a product page and in a cart view. The “Available from” label can be fully customized. For example, you can change it to “Will dispatch on: MM/DD/YYYY”. The application automatically changes “Add to cart” to “Pre Order Now”.
Coming Soon Product – This type of product will display “Coming Soon” in place of an “Add to Cart” button. It remains unavailable for buying unless you manually change its status or based on a date selection. The application automatically replaces “Add to cart” button with “Coming soon” label. You can optionally add “Available from: MM/DD/YYYY” label and customize it for your needs. The product will automatically become available for purchasing on a selected date.
Preorderly has 2 modes:
Mode 1: Preorderly kicks in regardless of current quantity level. Preorderly replaces the standard “Add To Cart” button with a “Pre-order” button that enables your customers to pre-order your products.
Mode 2: Preorderly kicks in only when current quantity level is 0 or below. Preorderly replaces the standard “Out of Stock” button with a “Pre-order” button that enables your customers to buy your products even when they’re out of stock. For this mode to work Inventory Management must be handled by Shopify and “Allow customers to purchase this product when it’s out of stock” must be enabled otherwise it will show as sold out.
Preorderly will clearly convey the message about availability and delivery timelines to your customers by displaying a brief message alongside the “Pre-order” button. It can be used to inform when product deliveries are expected to start etc…
After installing the Globo Pre Order app, it is easy for you to configure pre-orders and product stock, including whether or not any products are sold-out. You only need to select a product and enable the pre-order option on it.
The default “Add to cart” button will be replaced with a “Pre-Order” button on pre-order product pages.
When your customers click on “Pre-Order” button, they will be redirected to a regular order page. You can sell the product even when it is out of stock.
The app also allows you to set the date and time your products will be in stock with a countdown timer. Your stock will become automatically updated when the countdown timer on your product’s details page expires.
After you installed the app, you don’t have to do anything else. You will only need to search for product and enable the pre-order option on it, and the PreOrder Me button will show up for it.
With this app, you’ll be able to sell items that are not yet available or are out of stock. Your customers will have the opportunity to buy a certain product or order something from the collection that is coming soon, following the same steps as they usually do to check out.
7 things you can do with this app:
- Automatically replace the Add to cart button with the Pre-order Now button for out-of-stock products.
- Let customers order Coming Soon products to convert visitors into shoppers even before you have certain products in stock.
- Customize the pre-order button: set your own text.
- Have default and individual settings for certain products, product variants, and collections.
- Manage preorders in bulk: enable and disable settings for your filtered products at once.
- Receive timely technical support in case something goes wrong.
- Get an out-of-the-box solution compatible with Shopify themes, Ajax carts, collections and other TenGrowth apps.
Simple Pre-order is the effortless way to manage pre-orders and boost sales. The clever app allows you to accept and manage pre-orders easily and effectively. Set-up takes just a matter of minutes.
Managed from the dashboard, the app allows you to easily select which products are available ‘on pre-order’. You may also limit the quantity of pre-order items available and control stock supply via the dashboard.
Pre-Order Maker converts the “Sold Out” button with a “Pre Order” button so that your customers can buy their products even when they are sold out, it also shows pre-order labels on applied pre-order products.
All you have to do is mark the products as “Pre-Order” and give them an “additional stock” that you know you will have. In addition, customers will see a customizable button on the product page, such as “Pre-Order”. your customers can buy out of stock products.
This app enable your customers to pre-order your products.
- Set Pre-Orders for items out of stock or not available. Works with variants too!
- No coding needed. Customize buttons, text, style, etc.
- View all Pre-Orders from your dashboard
- Integrates with Wholesale Pricing Discount and Wholesale Order Form
With this app, the admin can create pre-order products on the store using this app. All the pre-order configuration managed by the admin. The customers can pre-order products though they are out of stock.
Additionally, customers get email notification once the product is back in stock. The admin can set the payment type for the customers.i.e. whether the customer will pay the full or partial amount at the time of pre-order.
The app automatically replaces the “Add-to-Cart” button if the products are out of stock. Your customers can pre-order the out of stock products following the standard order purchase flow. You can track all pre-ordered items from your store back-end.
- Pre-order can be set at variant level or at product level.
- Easily identifiable pre-order-able products.
- Merchant can schedule dates between which pre-order can be done.
- Can set maximum quantity per variant or product which can be pre-ordered.
- Easily identifiable pre-order products in orders using customise-able tags.
- Configurable warning if in-stock and pre-order items are there in the same cart.
Features of Pre-Order Customizer:
- Easily select single or bulk products you would like to set a Pre Orders.
- Easily edit Pre Orders in the app with our simple user interface.
- Customize your Availability Message for Pre Order products e.g (“Coming Soon”, “Releasing Soon”).
- Change text or Color for your Pre Order Button.
- Set a start and end date for your Pre-Orders by using our timer feature.
- Customize your badges by changing text or color.
- Customize your tags which will appear in customer’s shopping carts when a pre-order product is selected.
- This app works with most themes on Shopify.
With this app, you can change your Out of Stock/Sold Out button to Preorder for not loosing any of your sale. You also can show Coming Soon button for the products you want to create excitement which will fulfill your purpose of on store promotion of your new upcoming products. In addition, you can set limit number of preorders you want your users to purchase. You can enable pre-order for products or for any variant.